- The flower of the zucchini plant is also edible.
- The word zucchini comes from ‘zucca’ the Italian word for squash.
- August 8th is National Zucchini Day.
- Zucchini are 95% water. They’re a super low-cal snack at just 25 calories each.
- Biggest is NOT best. The most flavorful zucchinis are small- to medium-sized.
- Did you know the world’s largest zucchini on record was 69 1/2 inches long, and weighed 65 lbs?
- Zucchini contains more potassium than bananas.
- One zucchini has only 25 calories (in comparison, a baked potato has 130 calories).
- Zucchini are low in sodium, contain no saturated fats, and are cholesterol-free.
- They are rich in vitamin C and manganese.
- The peel is a good source of dietary fiber and may help in reducing constipation.
Mary Vance, Certified Nutrition Consultant has a great book to help you do just that.
This is not a magic pill, or a fast. It is a 21 day whole food based detox program. Not only can it help you shed some unwanted pounds and inches but it can help you beat your sugar addiction, sleep better, reduce pain and inflammation throughout the body, among many other benefits.
You can read more about it and order a copy HERE