Ah, the beloved cup of morning Joe. It’s a ritual (er, habit) for millions of people around the globe; the United States alone imports almost 1/3 of the coffee grown worldwide, with Germany coming in a distant second (source). Its health benefits are hotly debated:
- Is caffeine good or bad? (Depends on your sensitivity, other stressors in your life because it may increase cortisol, personal objections, etc).
- Doesn’t coffee contain antioxidants? (Yes. So does red wine but be honest, nobody really drinks it for that reason.)
- How much is too much? (If you measure your consumption in “pots per day” rather than cups or think a coffee IV would be much more convenient, you may need to reconsider).
- Is it even Paleo? (Purists will state that coffee isn’t Paleo. Others concede it’s one of those exceptions they’re willing to make.)
While I can’t tell you if coffee consumption is right for you—remember, it’s up to you to know your unique context, needs, and goals—I can show you how to make the coffee you drink better for you. Meet “bulletproof”. Continue reading…
Check out some of my other favorite coffee articles and recipes:
- 20 Recipes for Bulletproof Coffee and Why You Should Drink it
- How to Order Low Carb/Keto at Starbucks and 10 Low Carb Starbucks Copycat Recipes
- 20 Creative Use For Coffee
- Bulletproof Style Coffee with Essential Oils
- 10 Creative Uses For Coffee Grounds