What can you do to keep your washer smelling fresh and clean?
- Once a month, run a cleaning cycle on your washing machine, or as needed.
- Don’t let wet clothes sit in your washer too long.
- Use only a small amount of natural detergent without dyes and synthetic perfumes. It’s better for you, the environment, and the washer.
- Leave the washer door open after cycles so it can dry out properly.
- Wipe out any visible residue as needed with a clean and reusable cloth to keep your washer in tip-top shape.
If you haven’t washed your washer before, no worries! I hadn’t either! This simple wash recipe and washer tips will have both your washer and clothing smelling fresh and clean. Continue here for recipe
Check out some of my other favorite DIY cleaning articles:
- DIY – Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Essential Oils
- DIY – Dishwasher Detergent with Essential Oils
- DIY – Carpet Powder with Essential Oils
- DIY – Foaming Handsoap Recipes
- 111 Thing to Thro Away to Cut Down on Clutter